- 1 cup warm milk
- ½-ounce package yeast
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounce butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 18 ounces all-purpose flour
- 3 cups ketchup
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) cheese
- 5 ounces ham or pepperoni (what you like most), chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1-2 sweet pepper
- For the dough, in an electric stand mixer fitted with the dough hook (you can also do this by hand in a large bowl with a spoon), stir together the milk, sugar, butter, eggs yeast, salt and 1 cup of the flour. With the mixer on low speed, continue adding the flour until the dough clears the sides of the bowl and forms a soft, smooth ball. Knead for 3-4 minutes (add a few minutes if using whole wheat flour). Let the dough rest, covered, in the bowl for 1 hour.
- Separate the dough into three pieces. On a lightly greased countertop, press one portion of dough into a thin rectangle, about 14X10-inches.
- Spread 1 cup ketchup evenly across the top. Sprinkle evenly with third the cheese and then third the pepperoni and third the bell peppers.
- Starting with on long side, roll up cinnamon-roll style, pinching the seam together to seal.
- Cut the dough into 1-inch sections. Place on the prepared baking sheet about an inch apart.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet (about 12X18-inches) with parchment paper.
- Repeat with the remaining two pieces of dough.
- Once all the pizza rolls are placed on the baking sheet, bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Serve the pizza rolls immediately out of the oven.